20 Dec 2009

In and Out

Isn't it amazing... that some people move in and out of your life is such a short time... but still manage to leave a lasting impression in you! They come in as acquaintances... and then, before they leave, so much has changed... Like most (though not all...) of the people who have managed to leave a lasting footprint in the sands of my own life, it was another "Her". I myself wonder, why so much that I've learned in all my life (apart from whatever scholastic) has been from muliebrity. 
I got acquainted to her just about 2 years ago...and little had I then imagined that she'd influence my life so much. For a fairly long time, we were only "Acquaintances", but to be honest, I had never got acquainted to her  until as long. And then, came a day, when we were left to ourselves in a crowd. It was only then, as I can remember, did I accept her as a Friend. We were no more unacquainted acquaintances, but this though, wasn't "just like that". Soon, I believe I had proven she could believe me too... and now, within a short span, we were "Good Friends"... and times still changed. The two had vested upon the other, our trust, and this friendship was going to last. But then, one fine(?) day, I, having always been the more "Stupid" of the two, brought out an argument out of thin air, and strained one of those "invaluable" relationships of life. Things were mended over a short time, but that's when I'd really realized what this lady meant to me. Ever since, I've told her every little decision of my life... expecting her to correct me (I told you I was the more "Stupid" of the two... :P ), and so has she done. And then, a day came, when we could not talk to one another like we always did. I'm now left to myself at times, when I've to take decisions. And the only way I've been able to work them out properly... is by putting myself in her shoes, and pondering over. Or otherwise, remembering every bit of those countless hours of "Gyan" she gave me whilst telling me where I was wrong in my actions.
I really don't know why I wanted to mention "Her" here. It is probably because of all that has been happening off late with me, and my decisions. More importantly, because I've missed this lady, when I wanted her "Gyan" the most... Or, maybe because of the everlasting impression she has made in my life in such a short span.
Like Anon says,
"Life's a Motel, and there are those who come in to stay.
But it is those who go out, that show others the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment