24 Dec 2009

The Renaissance...

Has been ages since i've watched it for anything more than a few minutes. But today was different. Something attracted me towards this "Eternally Boring Game" of Cricket so much, that I sat before the TV for almost 2 hours (big time...)!!!
Yeah! never been a fan of this sport. My opinion - like someone has said long back, "11 Lazy lads aside, 6 twigs, and everything else talking in between is a bat and a ball". For long, I've heard only a selected few names on TV associated with the Indian Cricket Team. This was another big reason for me to ignore it. A handful of names can't rule a game! But it did seem like times are bound to change. It is no more necessary that Sachin R Tendulkar, or Rahul S Dravid or the likes are the only anchorages of the team. There were these two "Relatively inexperienced" lads, who took on a pretty hard chase. Inexperienced they might be, but never did they behave immature. Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli proved, that it is time for selectors to revisit their preferences. The calm with which these two boys played really amazed me. I'd never seen a chase of 300+ being run down with so much of calm. Of course, one possible reason being that i've not watched a proper game for ages now... Nevertheless, these boys did play wonderfully, and kept me glued to the Idiot's Box till everyting was over... The game these two lads played today... it was the best one I've seen in a long time. And Gautam certainly has learnt the ways of a Gentleman. Way to go boy. Admire your act. :) And an applaud for Virat too... for the wonderful game.
And then, like alwayz, every time I saw the Lankans drop catches, or misfield, I'd crib the lost opportunities.  And my bro even asked me if I'll ever in my life support the Indian Team.But that's me... Sorry! I'll never ever be excited if India wins a match... until the game's over. Kudos boys! It's the Renaissance of Indian Cricket. But let it not be a Crusade against the other Sports and Games. We're already shameful of most others.

No comments:

Post a Comment