17 Jan 2010

changing times

It was a beautiful sight. not sure when the next such occasion will be. At least, India's got none this year :( unfortunately after this. Jan 15th 2010. An annular Solar Eclipse grazes the sub-continent. the Southern tip sees some spectacular views of it. Bangalore too, inspite of being unfortunate enough not to have a total solar eclipse for about 670 years since the one on 13th Dec 1498, had it's share at close to 85% totality. And me, I had my share of bangalore's share too.
As the day begun in office, there was some sort of a hysterical aura all around. 'Oh, it's an eclipse, and we're not supposed to watch it. We're not supposed to eat during the eclipse...' and so on... But like everywhere else, there were a couple of 'Black Sheep of the Flock', and this flock had me too. My very craze of watching eclipses urged me to break open an unused, scrapped floppy and go out. And when the other 'Black Sheep' got to know this, they came out too, to watch the most beautiful celestial phenomenon this city is gonna experience for a while... And then, some of the 'White Sheep' started turning black after hearing from the descriptions from others... But a couple of them said 'I should not! It's an order that I should not watch the eclipse. It's an omen!'. As always, the only expression I could give was out of my mouth! When will people learn that seeing an eclipse the "Right way" is in no way an omen? It's time to change. And change is Inevitable... for it always comes when someone is perpared to "Be the Change". it is no supernatural element of life to happen all by itself.
As for the question posed to me for skipping lunch, I don't mind doing it for the sake of respecting someone's faith however rational i am... and btw, it does also have it's own science, and rationale to skip lunch esp. in office (yes, i'm serious about it!)... ;) btw, here's something if you've missed it...



No comments:

Post a Comment