17 Dec 2008

Luck and fate... Part 2

Some days ago, it so happened. I'd forgotten my wallet at home, and been to office. And I realized this a few minutes after reaching, when my mother called me up to tell me she found my wallet. (seems funny, that now a days, I'm forgetting a bit too many...) Hmm... I'd had no money for anything that day too. Well, now to call luck or fate, PArt 2.1, my bike was to be fully drained of fuel, and so did it happen. Just as I thought it would. One of my friends, who'd borrowed some money (was meagrely 50 bucks, but meant a lot that day.) incedentally happened to return it. Petrol ka locha khatam. Got something for my bike's tummy on the way back.
But a few minutes before leaving, just as I was speaking to (and not speaking with, as most people I know do;) ) a few friends. Had a feeling that something is gonna go off track on the way back home... Asked if someone could lend me a few hundreds while in a jovial mood., but never actually borrowed any. Now was the funniest part of the day to come., the luck and fate part 2.2...
At around 9:45PM and a third of my trip back home still left, (it is one every day from home to office, n back!!! 20+ kms on bangalorean roads!) I met a few people, who were loyally doing their job. They were calling aside, every person from whom they thought they could earn. (I donno if it was for themselves, or for the Govt though...:P) I was one of them. A senior Officer, asked me for the card. My Driving Licence. After promptly denying that I had any proof of documentation about myself., except my I-Card, as well as for my bike, he asked me if I would pay for this.
Me : "How can I, when my wallet is at home??? I would atleast have paid a fine and gotten home if I had atleast my EC cards."
Off : Take your I-Card from me tomorrow after showing me your documents, or paying the fine... (He had my I-Card by then.)
Me : But I leave for office by 7AM. (My biggest lie to a Govt officer...;)) I can get the documents here within sometime.
Off : Where do you stay?
Me : About 8 km away.
Off : But that's pretty far away.
By now, I'd called home, n asked for all the original documents., which I actually had...
He wandered around me with a hope, and repeatedly asked me if I had any money left with me at all... and got the same answer every time. A plain toned NO.
Finally, even before someone could get my originals, he probably felt I was not worth anything that day. His bait had failed to catch a fish. Instead, it had hooked up to some fishbone...
Unwillingly, and with an unsettling frown on his face, he returned my I-Card, and let me off.
This was my first encounter with a Traffic Police and will be one of those everlasting memories of fooling around government officials.
But whatever be it, "MURPHY RULES."
btw, who's this Murphy??? The smartest earthling I've heard of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment