1 Jan 2009

Wishes with a difference.

The first of Jan has never been different from any other day of the year to me. Never had I, so far, voluntarily wished someone from deep within, A Happy New Year. I was at Bhashyam Circle in Sadashivnagar. My bike had just silenced itself, and I was looking at the signal, waiting for it to turn green. Just then, I heard a voice from somewhere. I turned to the right, and saw 2 little girls in an Innova. They seem not older than 10 or 12 years. One of them called out to everyone she saw, and wished him(her) A Happy New Year. It happened with me too. Just as I killed my Bike's engine, she wished me too. And I reciprocated with a wish to her. For once, the wish that came out of my mouth, were those from the depths of my heart. I could see the smile on her face when I said "Happy New Year to you too"., and her joys in the "Thank You". I knew that I had for once, made a difference to her, 'cos I did not see anyone else reciprocate her wishes. I had wished her with all my heart, and I knew I was happy too. I realized, that I was already smiling all for myself, before the signal had turned green. This little girl made me realize that it is not as much the occassion that is important, as the wishes on the occassion are, and for this, I am truly grateful to her. So, here's for all my readers, "Wish You A New Year, as you want it. Enjoy the coming days, with a fresh spirit, and have it your way."

No comments:

Post a Comment