1 Apr 2009

The secret of a movie...

Never had I thought that such an incident can happen on such a beautiful Sunday eve. But it had to, and happened this Sunday. 2 of us, A friend of mine, and myself, were sitting on a bench and discussing about something (irrelevant here) when one guy, seemingly aged around 20 came to us, and enquired if we spoke Kannada. Getting a response in the affirmative, he started chatting with us for a few minutes, and so unsuspectfully...
A while later, his true persona was revealed. He had come to us with a purpose.
From what he told us of himself, he was a dropout after being unable to pass his 10th, and had to go to one of his relatives' house in Chamarajpet. He asked us if we could help him. When we enquired about his whereabouts, he said he lived with his parents in the Quarters adjacent. His parents never stopped him from going to the relative('s') house, neither were they ready to give him any money. So, he wanted us to give him something, so that he could.
We looked at each other for a while, and thought (the first mistake!) that he was truthful, and decided we give him some money, at the most 20bucks.(the second mistake!!) However, as it was to be, neither of us had any bill that could be spared for him. I said I had nothing lesser than a Rs.100 bill, and pat came his answer. "Irli sir, adanne koDi, naanu 60 rupai change koDtini" (Ok. give me the 100 rupees, and I will give you a change of 60 rupees.). The most horrible shock of my lifetime. A person who hadn't even 20 rupees to go to his relative('s') house, in no time, possesses atleast Rs.60.
Us:Why do you need money when you already have sufficient?
He:actually, wanted to buy a CD.
Us:what's important? CD or Relatives?
He:both... I also want to go to their home. (Which, I interpreted as CD being more important)
Us:and what's more important?
He: CD.
Us:which CD is it, that's more important than your relatives?
He:actually, I want to buy a CD of "Raaz". (For those who might wonder, it's a Hindi Movie. I've not yet seen it though.)
Us:But you could actually rent one and watch it for less than Rs.10.
He:No. I want to own a CD of the movie! (Ain't it a wonderful answer?)

This shook us up literally. What's so special about this movie?
What is the "Raaz" behind someone being so desperate to own a CD and watch the movie?
can someone let me know, before I waste bandwidth to download movies like Raaz to find out the "Raaz"???

No comments:

Post a Comment